The system is configured in the following hierarchy: Company>Division>Department. The Jobs created in the system will always pertain to a specific department. The following steps will guide you on how to create/edit and deactivate departments:
- Go to System tab and select a Company.
- On the Company page scroll down until you find the Divisions tab.
- Select the Division you want, and at the bottom of the page you will find Departments tab, with a list of all the departments inside that Division.
- To add a department click on the button and fill in all the relevant fields.
- To edit a department you should click on the and edit the desired information.
- To deactivate a department simply untick the active checkbox.
- Don't forget to click on the disk symbol to save all your changes.
When you create a new Department the following page will appear:
- Name - Name of the Department
- Company - Company the Department belongs to
- Division - Division the Department belongs to
- Cost Center (if applicable) - Code to define the cost center, it can be the same as the External ID if there is an integration with External Systems
- Code (if applicable) - Code that composes the Job numeration. It will affect the prefix of the Job code.
- External Id - Is the code that will map with External Systems (e.g. iSAP)
- Investment Required (if applicable) - Obligation to define in the job, the investment value, for the client.
- Plannable - Should be ticked if users will create jobs for that department. Some departments like IT, HR, Finance will typically not be plannable.
- Active - Will activate and deactivate that Department in the System.
If you have any documents/users associated to that Department, the system will not allow you to delete it. Nevertheless, we advise deactivating Departments instead of deleting them, so that you can reactivate them in the future if needed.