This article describes how the user maintenance is done in Skills Workflow, when there is an interface with iSAP in place.
After a new user is created in iSAP it will flow to Skills Workflow automatically. Once the user reaches Skills Workflow, some of the fields will be already filled in, and others need to be filled in directly Skills.
The fields that come populated from iSAP are:
- User Name
- Resource Type
- External ID
- Hire Date
The fields you need to fill in directly in Skills Workflow to ensure that the user can login and is properly configured are the following:
- Role - Note that you can only activate a user after at least one role is assigned to him. To add a role, you need to go to the tab "Roles" at the bottom of the user profile, click on "Link", type the word "profile" and choose a profile from the list (e.g. requester profile, executor profile, etc.).
- SSO User Name - Single Sign-On User Name. This option will allow the user to log in using the SSO.
- AD User Name - Active Directory user name. This field will ensure he can be blocked on the AD.
- Responsible - The person who is responsible for approving the user's timesheets and leaves.
- Minimum Daily/ Weekly Hours - Minimum number of hours that the user is required to enter per day/week on his timesheets.
- Start Date - Day from which the user must start to fill in his timesheets.
- Tolerance - Number of days the user can stay delinquent. Once the tolerance days passed, the user is blocked for not filling in the missing timesheets on time.
- Leave Days in Hours - Field used to calculate what a leave day represents.
- Timesheet approval tolerance - Number of days an approver can stay delinquent for not approving timesheets of the users he is responsible for.
- Is Active - Once a profile is given to the user, you can activate the new user by ticking the option "Is Active".
- Receive Notifications Email - Should be ticket if the user wants to receive email notifications.
- Timesheet Required - Should be ticket if the user is required to fill in timesheets. Users with this configuration will get blocked when timesheets are incomplete.
- Receive Notifications Push Notifications - Allows users to receive notifications inside the system.
- Plannable - Applicable when the user will be assigned to Jobs and Tasks.
Once all fields are complete, information must be saved by clicking on the option .