To create a new Fee Proposal navigate to the Fee Proposal Module
- Click on the "+" to create a new Fee from scratch.
- Alternatively, you can select an existing Fee and create a copy by clicking on the "Create Copy" button at the top.
Fill in the fields on the Fee Proposal header:
- Name - Title you would like to give to the Fee
- Client - Client for which the Fee is being built for
- Start Date - Date when the contract with the Client will start
- End Date - Date when the contract with the Client will end
- Price Table - If the Fee is based on services, choose the table you would like to use.
- Price - A Price Table can have many columns. They represent the different negotiations.
- Rate Card - If the Fee is based on man hours, choose the rate card table you would like to use (e.g. Generic, client specific, etc.)
- Rate - A rate card can have many columns. They represent the different negotiations.
- Type - Type of Fee you want to build. Choose between a Fee based on deliverables or time spent (Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly)
- Standard Working Hours - Normal working hours an employee should work per year
- Markup - % markup over your man hour costs plus overheads
- Overheads - % of overhead costs over your man hour costs
- Owner - Owner of this Fee Proposal, normally the Business Manager or person responsible for the Client
- Description - Free text box where you can add comments related to the Fee.
After filling in all the necessary fields, click on the button to save your Fee.
Fee Proposal based on Deliverables
- On the tab "Deliverables" enter all the deliverables negotiated with the Client for the Fee.
- These will later be linked to the Projects and Jobs for the comparison of actual vs planned hours
- On the tab "Rate Card" specify the planned hours for each deliverable and each typology (position) and/or specific user
- You can check the total planned hours per deliverable at the bottom of the table and the total planned hours for the whole Fee on the green indicators
- If you have entered a value for Standard Working Hours, you can also see how much each cell represents in % of total, on the column Usage
Fee Proposal based on Time Spent
- On the tab "Rate Card" specify the planned hours for each period
- The columns will show the months, quarters or years depending on the Type chosen when creating the Fee
- The columns will into account the start and end date specified for the Fee
- Just like the Projects and Jobs, the Fee Proposal will start as a draft and then go through different stages, based on the workflow designed by your company
- At the top you will find a grey box that says "What do you want to do?"
- This is where you can activate the Fee and later send it for approval to your finance team
- If a Fee has not been approved by finance, it will not be available for selection when creating the deliverables (i.e. Projects and Jobs)
- Once the finance team approves, the Fee will change the status to "Approved" and it can no longer be modified