Freelancers are temporary short term employees that are not usually created in the ERP.
- That means that these users will not flow from the ERP to Skills Workflow.
- However, that doesn't mean you shouldn't still create them and capture their timesheets.
Here's how Freelancers are handled in Skills Workflow.
- Create a generic Freelance user in the ERP.
- Once this user reaches Skills Workflow, check his External ID (ERP employee code).
This is the common code that you will use for all the freelance users that you will create manually in Skills Workflow.
- To create a new Freelancer in Skills Workflow go to the User List under the tab Maintenance and click on the plus sign at the top.
- Fill in the External ID with the same code as your Generic Freelance user.
- Fill in all the other relevant details, including timesheet settings.
- Tick the box "Change password on first logon" so that the user can define his own password.
- Once you are done click on the disk symbol at the top to save.
- On the tab "Roles" at the bottom, associate a profile to this user by clicking on "Link" and choosing from the existing profiles.
- After giving him/her a role, click on the pencil at the top to edit and tick the box "Is Active".
- Don't forget to save it again. Then repeat the same process for other freelancers.
Remember: Freelancers should use the regular Skills Workflow login and not the SSO button.
- The first time they login they should leave the password blank.
- The system will then ask them to define a password.