Assignments in Skills Workflow can be done in numerous ways.
- You can assign executors directly on the job through the option "Add Assignment".
- Or you can do it using the Resource Scheduler.
On the Resource scheduler you have an overview of your team's workload and capacity.
This feature will help you plan your resources' time more efficiently, by keeping track of each user's assigned jobs.
- On the left are all the resources for whom you are responsible for.
- A user who doesn't have any resources to control will still be able to check his own workload.
- By using the filters above the calendar you can filter the information by resource, department, Job or Date.
- The Jobs that have been already assign will appear on the calendar by default.
- On your right, you can see a list of all the Jobs that are yet to be assigned.
- Only plannable jobs will show on the list.
- To define whether a job is plannable go to that Job and on the tab info, check the option "Plannable".
- If you pass the mouse on top of the Job, a tooltip will give you information about this Job, such as current stage or begining and end date.
- The color of the Job will indicate the stage the Job is in.
- You can also use the filter box to search for a specific unassigned Job.
- To assign a specific Job you just need to drag and drop the Job on the calendar on the person you want to assign, considering the defined dates.
- After assigning a resource, you will be able to move the Job through the calendar and edit the Job's duration by extending or shortening the bar.
Workload and capacity
- Each user's daily capacity is defined previously on his profile sheet.
- After assigning the job to someone, you can define how many hours per day the resource will spent working on that Job.
- To do so click and the box on the right end of the bar and type the number of hours.
- The numbers shown above the bars are the user's remaining capacity per day given all his assignments
- They will appear in green colour if the user has spare capacity, or in red if the user is overloaded.
- To better help you plan your resources availability, the leaves and vacations will also appear on the calendar.
- They will be marked with a vertical blue color to differentiate from the Jobs.