The users may need to specify, per agency, a work type for each timesheet entry. In Skills this will be called “Activity Type”.
The activity type is set per department. There should be a default in the department, so that the user only has to change the activity type if the default is not applied. This column will be available next to the Type column (see image below). The user will select an Activity Type from the list of available activity types:
- For the document’s department, when available (e.g. Job) or
- From the available activity types in the user’s department (e.g. Client, Project)
Figure 1 - Work types in timesheet
- Set the available Work Types at the company level.
- Go to the user’s department and associate the Work Types to be used in the department.
* All the Work Types that have no association to any department will be considered as being associated to all departments (“no association, means associated to all”)
- Turn on the Work Type usage in Timesheet Work Type Required in the Company.
- Check if the work types associated to the user department are shown in the work types combo box in the timesheet.
- Check if a user that has access to more than 1 department, has all the departments’ work types available in the Timesheet.
- Check if work types that are not associated to any department, are shown in the timesheet work type column.
- Check if the column is not shown when the Work Type Required is not checked in the company.