The number of hours a user can enter by week are limited by a minimum and a maximum parameter.
- Under the User form, set the number of hours allowed per user on a given timesheet week.
- Typically, this will have a mamimum of 120 hours and a minimum of 40 hours.
- Set the company under the Timesheet Lock section to Type “Weekly”.
- The Tolerance is set in the User and determines how many days, after the end of the unfilled week, the user gets blocked.
- Set the minimum weekly hours to 37 on the user.
- Set the tolerance to 2 days.
- Fill 40 hours in the previous week (watch as the week turns green).
- Remove 5 hours from the previous week (watch the week turn red).
- On Wednesday this week, the user gets blocked because the tolerance (2 days = Monday, Tuesday) has wear off.