Timesheets have support for a third level of approval by Client Manager, Project Owner and Responsible levels of approval were maintained.
Currently, in the case of the project owners, if this mode is set at the company level, then, the responsible will no longer be allowed to approve timesheets associated to a project, unless the responsible is the owner of the project.
This feature means that another level of approval is possible. The client manager (client owner) is allowed to approve time regarding entries of the clients the client manager is responsible for (owner). So, only the client manager is allowed to approve client’s/project’s time that they own, when in client manager mode.
In the client settings, the user sest the different configurations using the drop down box for Timesheet Approver Mode:
- Client Manager
- Project Owner
- User Responsible
- Set the configuration to Project Owner, under Timesheet Approver Type, in a client.
- Set a user as a Client Manager for the client in it.
- Go to the Timesheet and add an entry for the client.
- Enter time for that entry.
- Log in as the user that is the Client Manager for the client.
- Check if the user’s responsible does not have this time for approval.
- Check if the time can only be approved by the Client Manager of the client.