In each leave the user has a few fields to specify the period of the leave and its type.
The user may attach files to the leave as evidence for the approval of the leave.
- Make sure you have set the leave types in the System\Leave Types settings
- Ensure that the user you will use to submit the leaves has a responsible set in the user’s profile
- Select a Type of leave/vacation in the Leaves feature that have at least 10 days left to be used.
- Press the New Leave Form option to create a several day leave and set the period for 3 days.
- Add a file and a comment to the leave and Save.
- The days are set in the calendar as a set of grouped days that share files, type and comment (marked with a small triangle in the top left of each day).
- Click in one of the days to change the leave form.
- Extend the period to 10 days (check that the period has been extended).
- Make it a 4 days’ period form by editing it again (check that the period has shrunk in the calendar).
- Submit the leaves for approval.
- Go in as the responsible of the user to approve the leaves.
- Approve just one day of the user’s leave form and reject the others.
- Go back in using the user that registered the form.
- Correct the leave according to the rejection motive and resubmit the leave.