To import data into lookup tables, one can go to the Tables in the System menu and select a platform's table. The user will be asked to select a table. Once the table is selected, a grid is presented with an header with all the columns in the table. If the user wants to, the data from that table can be shown in the grid and exported to the Clipboard or downloaded to a file. The user may also load data into the system by pasting data from the Clipboard, as long as the format is the same.
- Only the Administrators are allowed to use this feature. Make sure the user is an Administrator by going to the user profile and setting the user as an administrator.
- Go to System / Tables.
- Select the table Work Types from the list.
- Press Refresh to load the data from the database to the grid.
- Change the Work Type names in the grid.
- Press Save.
- If you go to the Work Types option in the System / Work Types menu, you should see the change you've done in 4.
- Repeat the process, but this time, press the Import from Excel to load an Excel file into the grid. Then press Save.