A Project is what you may call a campaign. It is an umbrella that groups a bundle of related jobs inside.
To create a new Project, navigate to the "Projects" module.
- Verify that you can navigate either by clicking on the tab below the Skills' blue bar and then clicking on the "+"
- Or by clicking directly on the "+ New" from the Dashboard.
After clicking on the "+" you will be directly to the new Project's page.
- Fill the yellow (mandatory) fields.
- Client - Client you are creating this Project for. Select from a dropdown list of Clients you have access to
- Product - Product you are creating this Project for. Select from a dropdown list of Products you have access to
- Name - Name you would like to give to the Project
- Begin/ End - Choose when the Project starts and when it will end
- Classification - Choose from a drop-down list. Typically between Billable or Non-Billable
- Project Type - Choose from a drop-down list. E.g. New Business, Admin, etc.
- Owner - Person responsible for this Project or Client, typically a Business Director
- Type - Choose contract if the Project is part of a Fee Proposal, or isolated if it is out-of-scope
Add a Brief to a project
- You can add a brief with all the information and customer instructions
- Click on the pencil that is found left of the clip symbol to start writing your brief
- You can also choose from an existing template by clicking on the Template box
Attach a file
- You can also attach files to the Project just by dragging them inside, or by clicking on the clip symbol
- This is useful for adding briefs, presentations, in any of the main formats (Word, PPT, Excel, PDF, etc.)
- You can access all the files on the Files tab at the bottom of the page.
After filling in all the fields, you will need to activate the project.
- A small box on the right side of the project saying "What you want to do" will appear, with the option to "Create".
- After clicking on it, the Project will get a number at the top (Project code) and it will no longer be on the stage Draft
Add people involved on this Project to the team
- If you have access to change the Team you will see a pencil next to each group
- Add or remove people to each of the groups by clicking on the pencil
- An assignment box will open where you can search for a username or position
- Click on top of the user(s) do add it/them to the team
At the bottom of the page you will be able to find various tabs with information about this Project
- Jobs - List of existing jobs belonging to this Project
- Contracted Hours - Planned Hours versus Actual hours entered in case the Project is associated with a Fee Proposal
- Files - All files uploaded into this Project
- History - Track of status changes. You can see for example who created the Project and at what time
- Timesheets - All timesheets already entered on this Project by the different people involved
- Others - You may also find other tabs depending on the modules of the system you have access to