Currently, the system supports a blocking method that counts any incomplete day in the past. If the number of days is higher than the Tolerance defined by the company, the user will get blocked. So, if the company is set to have 5 days of Tolerance, then the user can have any 5 days in past incomplete, before the user gets blocked.
Skills Workflow also supports a monthly blocking method. In that case, the system will only at users that have not completed the previous month. The tolerance is used to determine how many days the user may be delinquent before being blocked. The system will alert the user based on the configuration set in the day to start the alerting mechanism.
The determination of the blocking of the delinquent users should be checked on a weekly basis. So, the system should check every week if the previous week is completed. Then, the user will receive alerts on not having complied to the timesheet policy.
The configuration should allow the agency to set when the user is alerted and blocked:
- Tolerance – In the user configuration there’s a tolerance configuration on the number of days the user may be delinquent
- Blocking Type – In the system configuration, one can set if the blocking is Daily, Weekly or Monthly. In this case it would have to be set to Weekly
- Days to Notify – This system configuration defines how many days, counting from the last Tolerance day, the user will be notified of an eminent blocking
- Days to Notify Locked User – Number of days to notify the IT or the supervisor that a user has been blocked (these users will be notified everyday during the number of days specified)
- Under the User form, set the number of hours allowed per user on a given timesheet week.
- Typically, this will have a mamimum of 120 hours and a minimum of 40 hours.
- Set the company under the Timesheet Lock section to Type “Weekly”.
- The Tolerance is set in the User and determines how many days, after the end of the unfilled week, the user gets blocked.
- In the user set the minimum weekly hours to 37 and maximum to 120
- Do not fill hours for 3 weeks (user will get blocked)
- Set the user start date to a thursday
- Create a holiday for the following week
- On the 3rd week all days are work days
- Fill all the days unfilled with 8 hours
- Check that the user will get unblocked