It is possible to create and manage Fees linked to Projects, and to specific Jobs.
The Fee is at a higher level than the project, and works as an umbrella that gathers several projects underneath.
The main goal of this lesson is to teach you how to create a Fee with the scope negociated with the client and how to control the number of sold hours versus actual hours registered acress the several projects/jobs that are consuming the Fee.
Fees are created under a specific Client and should be associated with a table Rate.
To create a new Fee, you will have to:
- Go to the Clients module;
- Select the desired Client;
- Press on "+" directly from the Clients list and select Fee
- Fill in the general fields on the Fee header.
- Title - Fill it in with a name that will help everyone search and find this Fee
- Contract Owner - Choose the person responsible for this Fee (it can be inherited directly from the Client Manager or be manually selected)
- Type - Type of contract (e.g. Fee-based, project-based, etc.)
- Start Date/ End Date - Choose when the Fee starts and it ends.
Once you have all the information filled in you should press ok and submit the post .
The system will auto-generate a number, and you will be able to see a confirmation message at the top. If you click on the popup message you will navigate to the Fee.
To create a new estimate you should press on the "+" inside the Fee page.
- Select Estimate from the options on the dropdown
- A form will open in a new popup showing the Estimate required fields
- Add a Title
- Select the Department
- Choose the type
- Select the Start Date and End Date
- Add files (optional)
- Add a description (optional)
- Press okand submit the post
The Estimate is where you will define the scope of this Fee.
Please see lesson number 3 for detailed instructions on how to build your Estimate.