Timesheets can have different levels of approval: Client Manager, Project Owner and User Responsible. Up until now, when the approval was set at the Project Owner level in the client form, the client and product hours submitted were approved by the user's responsible.
To be consistent with the hierarchy, this behaviour has been changed, so whenever the hours are submitted at the client/product level, the Client Manager will be the responsible for approving them.
Prevent Future Issues
On the User Form:
- On the Client form, set the Project Owner as the Timesheet Approver Type.
- Set an user as the Client Manager for the same client.
- Go to the Clients tab and create a new Project and Job for the client that was previously set.
- Set an user as the Project Owner.
- Go to the Timesheet module and search for the Job and Project entries that will automatically appear on the grid.
- Submit time for those entries.
- Add a the Client and Product entry to the timesheet grid.
- Key in hours for those entries.
- Log into the system with the Project Owner previously set.
- Verify that the Project Owner only have Job and Project hours for approval.
- Log into the system with the Client Manager set for the chosen client.
- Check that the Client and Product hours are pending for approval.
- Log into the system as the user responsible.
- Verify that there is no time pending approval.