According to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) that will be applicable from the 25th of May 2018, personal individual data (data subjects) will have the right to be informed about what personal data the entities have about them and the subjects will have to give their consent for that data to be used and stored. Additionally, in case of any change in the user information, he must be notified regarding the change made.
For this reason, Skills Workflow will implement visual information for the user to see his PII (Personally Identifiable Information) and allow him to ask for the maintenance user to change or even erase the information.
On Skills Workflow the PII fields stored are:
- UserName: are created for the employee. These typically are the same as the AD or ERP or HR usernames
- Email: addresses that are stored for each employee. These are the company’s email addresses and are used to send notifications to users.
- Birth Date: is optional and used only to congratulate the user on his/her birthday. It is not considered PII
- Tax Payer Number: used by some companies for reporting purposes (e.g. match the user in another system). It is optional
- Avatar: is the image that the user selects to identify him/her self in the system
- Phone: personal users' contact.