Currently, when the period is closed, the users cannot change their timesheets but approvers can still approve and reject the hours.
Some clients do not want any changes on timesheets once the period is closed, and that includes approvals. Currently approvers are still able to change the timesheet status.
Prevent Future Issues
On the companies tab within System module select the company and:
- Click on the pencil to edit the company settings
- Enable "Block on Closed Periods" by ticking that check box
- Set the timesheet lock period to the desired date
- Enter with a user responsible for doing timesheet approvals
- Verify that on the timesheet approval side calendar the days whithin the close period appear locked (striped)
- Try to approve/disapprove some hours within the locked period
- Verify that the hours ouside the locked period change status, but those within the locked period stay the same