When creating Projects, some fields are mandatory to fill in order to proceed. Until now, users were forced to fill in a free text box which prompted errors and small typos. A new feature was created where default values can be set to appear in a dropdown list.
Prevent Future Issues
- Go to the maintenance module and select the tab "Document"
- Navigate to any document where you want to define a userfield (Project, Job, Client, etc)
- On the tab "Details" set the userfield with the data type "Varchar" and Lookup Type "Static"
- Set up the default values by typing the names separated by commas on the field "Lookup Values"
- Set the userfield on the document "Project"
- Go to the selected client and create a new Project
- Navigate to the tab "Additional information"
- Verify that the userfield is created
- Verify that it is possible to select the values from a dropdown list
It is also possible to define whether the document user field is required to show in the workflow transition. A pop-up will appear when you select a specific transition, requesting users to enter information on the user field.