When a job was created through the Gantt view it remained under a Draft stage. To activate a job the user was having to double click on it, fill in the required fields (department and job type) and move it into the first stage of the workflow.
This activation process was not optimal.
Prevent Future Issues
- Enter with a user who has the role GanttSave
- Select the line in the Gantt where you to add your new job under
- Verify that there is new dropdown box next to the add job button
- Select the department and job type by typing it in or scrolling through the list
- Click on the add job button to add a new job to your Gantt
- Click on the save button to save your new job
- Verify that once you hit save, the job automatically moves to the first stage of the workflow setup for that department
- The selected department / job type will remain as default for any new jobs created afterwards
- Verify that by changing the department /job type, a new default is assumed