Users plan out the client deliverables/jobs in the Gantt module by breaking them down into smaller tasks.
However, there is a need to define at what level (job vs task) the users should be entering their time against.
For this to happen, a new flag named "Timesheet" has been added on the job info tab. This means that on each job, the user can turn timesheet entry on/off by checking/unchecking this box.
A new setting has been added to the job type configuration, so that the flag can be automatically turned on/off based on the job type chosen.
Prevent Future Issues
On the Job Type configuration:
- Disable the flag "Timesheet".
- Enter with a user.
- Create a new Job for the configured Job type.
- Go to the timesheet module.
- Verify that the created job does not appear on the timesheet grid.
- Try to add the Job by adding the suggestion.
- Verify that the Job does not appear on the timesheet search.
All existing Job types will have the flag automatically enabled, which means that users will not be affected by this new feature.
For this feature to be used, the system administrator will have to go to a job type configuration and uncheck the timesheet flag. This setting will only be applied to new jobs created from then on, i.e. existing jobs created before the flag was enabled will not be affected.