Before, the user assigning workloads had to enter a daily workload value for the duration of the job. Then the system would calculate the total by multiplying that value by the number of days the job lasts.
Many times, the user assigning workloads knows the total amount of hours the job takes to complete, not the daily amount.
Additionally, this is also what shows up on the tab planned time on the job when resources are being requested.
Prevent Future Issues
- Navigate to the resource calendar
- Click on workload box of a job (the number on the right bottom corner of any job bar)
- A workload assignment popup will open
- Verify that you can choose to enter either a daily workload value or a total value
- Enter a total value (bottom field)
- Verify that the system automatically calculates the daily workload by dividing that by the number of Days