The Department field in the Job and Estimate creation window is a dropdown of values containing a combination of company and department names. Since the same department names exists under different companies, the dropdown selection contains a long list of repetitive departments with different companies. This is especially applicable to instances with several companies where users are having a hard time selecting from the long list of dropdown values in the Department field.
This enhancement separates the company and department fields in the job and estimate creation window. The company field which defaults to the home company of the user is selected first. The department field dropdown will then be limited only to the plannable departments under the company selected.
Prevent Future Issues
In back-office, the administrator under Maintenance/Document Member should add field “Company” to each document type (i.e. Job and Estimate) to the Role (Requester Profile) assigned to Users who create Jobs and Estimates.
- In back-office, administrator adds “Company” as Document Member for document types Deliverable and Estimate for Role (e.g. Estimavesave) assigned to users who create Jobs and Estimates.
- User creates Job and Estimate
- Check if Company and Department are shown as separate dropdown fields in Job and Estimate creation popup windows
- Check if default value for Company is the home company of the user
- Check that dropdown selections for Company are the companies the user has access to
- Check that dropdown selections for Department are the plannable departments under the Company previously selected
- Verify if “Company” is included in the Column Chooser for the Job and Estimate List page